DETECT LUBRICANT PROBLEMS FAST
Luneta’s new Sight Glass has all the clarity and durability you need, with none of the leaks, cracks or squinting you may be used to with those old-style sight glasses. You’ll never have to use fragile, dark, hard-to-read sight glasses again!
- One-piece, high-impact Tritan™ construction makes it the toughest site glass available
- Resistant to chemical wear and buildup
- Integrated threads means no leaking between sightglass and machine port
- The Sight Glass extends from the machine, providing a clear view of oil
- Molded-in hex nut means a quick, simple installation
- Integrated eyelet for attaching lubricant ID tags or other pertinent information speeds up visual inspection and prevents confusion
- Tritan™ construction means the Sight Glass is ultra-thin & super-clear with no distortion/discoloration
- Etched, painted cross-hairs won’t fade, rub off or distort the perceived oil level
- Flat front surface allows for use of light or lasers to check for particulate – with no light deflection
Download Technical Specifications
HD Clarity. HD Strength.
Compared to other bullseye sight glasses, the Luneta Sight Glass provides a crystal-clear, undistorted view of in-service oils. You’ll notice the difference immediately. This level of clarity is achieved by our manufacturing process and the use of Tritan™, which allows for much thinner outer walls than acrylic sight glasses.
The Luneta Sight Glass is 4X stronger than traditional acrylic sight glasses, shatterproof and chemically resistant. In fact, it’s made with a proprietary copolyester that is stronger than bulletproof glass. The Luneta Sight Glass can take a beating and withstand harsh environments, including extreme temperatures.
- Body Material: High-impact Tritan™, a crystal-clear copolyester.
- Recommended Temperature Range: -40F to 200F (-40C to 93C)
- Chemical Compatibility: Chemically resistant with broad chemical compatibility, while retaining opitimum optical properties.
- Viton® O-ring: Rubber FPM
- Other options/sizes coming soon.
INSTALL IN 5 EASY STEPS
- Apply thread sealer to the threads before installation.
- Hand-thread the Luneta Sight Glass into the port.
- Use a crescent wrench or 1-5/16” socket wrench to tighten until the hex nut contacts the port face.
- Check for leaks and apply more thread sealer if necessary.
- Do not overtighten.
Recommended Temp. Range: -40°F to 200°F / -40°C to 93°C
Max. Operating Pressure: 65 psi/4.48 bar