The purpose of the day was to help educate engineers and professionals on the ground breaking new technology called ‘Motion Amplification’.
For those that do not already know, Motion Amplification is a process whereby using a video camera and the proprietary software, movement can be detected and amplified so that it can be seen. This kind of visualization technology has previously been the domain of ODS only. It truly has to be seen to be believed!
And that is exactly what our guests on the 30th of September did. They saw and they believed!
‘A very impressive development for machinery and structural health monitoring’
‘A fault visualization tool that is in a class of its own. The advantages that I see are Non-contact and diagnose/visualize in the field without having to travel back to an office to analyse data. Outstanding. Thanks GVS and OMT’
‘Great presentation. The technology is impressive. Our company could use a tool like this in so many different areas.’
Just some of the fault types that can be visualised and easily interpreted with the Motion Amplification technology are
- Piping vibration
- Reciprocating Engine and Compressor motion
- Soft foot
- Structural looseness
- Structural cracks
- Structure stiffness and support
- Torsional twisting, bending and flexing
- Excessive transient loading
- Ineffective damping
- Vibrating Screen motion analysis
- Oscillating motion analysis
- Drive transmission faults, (belts, chains, couplings, cardan shafts etc.)
- Cavitation, hydraulic and aerodynamic forces
- Duct and Vessel